MCMS and MedChi: Your Advocate
Advocacy Internship for
Physicians Who Want a Deep Dive into Grassroots Advocacy
Montgomery County Medical Society has initiated our grassroots advocacy experience for physician members who want to become more informed about and engaged in the advocacy process.
The goals of the program are:
- To develop physicians’ awareness of the importance of engagement in the legislative process at the local, state and federal levels;
- To enhance physicians’ grassroots legislative skills;
- To enhance legislators’ understanding of medical and medical practice issues from the perspective of a physician;
- To provide physicians with an advocacy immersion experience by choosing a topic and/or bills which the physician will follow through the state legislative process:
- To enhance physicians’ understanding of the value of advocacy to physicians and patients which is gained through greater engagement with organized medicine; and
- By raising awareness and enhancing skill, to increase physicians’ interest in leadership in MCMS and MedChi.
The format for this internship includes both required and optional activities starting in December 2022 through the completion of the 2023 state legislative session.
Montgomery County Medical Society is recruiting interested physicians to serve in the first internship class of up to five physicians to begin in early December. Contact Susan D’Antoni, MCMS CEO, if you are interested at email@example.com. For more details click here