|Precautions & PPE | Sourcing PPE | Testing | Vaccines|
|Relief Aid | Telehealth | Billing & Coding | Licensure|
|CME | Volunteer Opportunities | Other Resources|
Last Updated August 17, 2021
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, MCMS has offered resources and support to physicians and patients, including timely clinical information and practice support resources. The following is a listing of resources by topic. If your practice needs support or has questions not addressed by these resources, please contact us.
Practice Information: Precautions and OSHA, PPE, Testing, and Vaccines
Precautions, Exposure Control, and OSHA Recommendations
MCMS Guides for Physician Members
- Infection Control & COVID-19: An OSHA Expert’s Answers to Our Most Frequently Asked Questions
- OSHA’s COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard for Healthcare: Does It Apply to You?
Temporary staffing needs? Check out MCMS’s ROI MEDStaffing Service.
MedChi Group Buying Program for Members: MedChi has partnered with ActionPPE.org and 30+ medical associations on a group buying program for medical and healthcare professionals to purchase PPE at a discounted rate – including Honeywell H910 Plus N95 Respirators, gloves, gowns, face shields, and hand sanitizer. To find out more, visit actionppe.org/medchi and be sure to use our member discount code: MEDCHI-SAVE5.
Requesting Emergency Equipment and Supplies: To request emergency PPE supplies from MDH, fill out this request form online, or this Emergency Medical Material request form on pages 3 and 4 of this document, then send it to email@example.com. The online form is the preferred method to submit a request.
HandCraft Services Member Advantage Program: Montgomery County Medical Society and HandCraft Linen & Uniform Services have joined together to provide our members with critical personal protective equipment (PPE) that is currently in shortage, particularly isolation gowns, barrier gowns, and scrubs. Depending on order size and products, your first delivery could arrive within the next few weeks; no upfront fees and no ancillary fees ever (i.e. Delivery, Environmental, and Energy ETC fees.) Learn more.
The following are vendors referred to us that still have stock of some PPE items:
- Sunrise Hitek – Faceshields, masks, and hand sanitizer
- Hatch Exhibit – Faceshields, respirators, and latex gloves
- Medical Mega – Latex gloves, hand sanitizer, and swabs
- Lost Ark Distilling, Co (Columbia, MD) has begun production of hand sanitizer.
- BlueDyer Distilling, Co (Waldorf, MD) also is producing hand sanitizer. To order, email Walker Dunbar.
- Project N95 is a national clearinghouse for PPE procurement. Learn more.
- Dynamic Advertising Solutions – Safety signage, branded masks, acrylic counter barriers. Contact: Tyler Phifer at 267.331.6079 X118.
- Office Depot – Faceshields, masks, hand sanitizer, safety signage, surgical masks, acrylic counter barriers, contact-free thermometers.
- Maryland Primary Care Program PPE Supplier List
- Maryland Manufacturing Network Supplier Portal – Please note that any vendor may add their organization to this portal without vetting.
Testing Information for Physicians
- CDC guidance on testing
- Maryland guidance on testing:
- MDPCP’s Roadmap to Recovery Part II – COVID Testing
- Montgomery County DHHS Test Sites (Walk-ups Allowed at Select Locations)
- Maryland Test Sites (searchable)
- DC Test Sites
While guidance continues to evolve and additional details are released each day, the MCMS Immunization Task Force has created this toolkit to provide updates on COVID-19 vaccination distribution in Montgomery County, collate guidance on vaccine handling and storage, promote strong vaccination recommendations to patients, and answer frequently asked questions from physician members.
Practice Economics: Relief Aid, Telemedicine, Billing, and Coding
- Maryland Business Relief Wizard
- MCMS Financial Relief Check-Up (Includes Tax Credits)
- MedChi Business Help Resources
- Regional Update: Interstate Telemedicine Waivers During COVID-19
- On-Demand Webinar: Rapid Implementation of Telehealth
- On-Demand Webinar: Rapid Implementation of Remote Patient Monitoring
- Telemedicine Vendor Options
- Remote Patient Monitoring Vendor Options
- From Our RPM Speaker: Remote Patient Monitoring Implementation Guide
- From MHCC: Telehealth Readiness Assessment (TRA) Tool
- Telehealth Coding/Billing Guidelines
- Telemedicine FAQ’s
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (CareFirst) and the Maryland State Medical Society (MedChi) launched a grant program to provide independent physician practices with five or fewer members, a year of complimentary access to DrFirst’s Backline Telehealth platform for physicians who enroll between March 1, 2020, and December 31, 2021. Fill out the application and return it to MedChi via email to Andrea Mullin or mail to 1211 Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 attn. Andrea Mullin.
From the American Medical Association (AMA)
From the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- General Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit
- FAQs on Telehealth and HIPAA during the COVID-19 nationwide public health emergency
- Medicaid Telehealth Guidance
- Medicaid State Plan Fee-for-Service Payments for Services Delivered Via Telehealth
- Clinician Letter – 4.8.2020
- An overview of How to Get Paid for Telehealth and their Telemedicine 101 Overview
- MCMS Webinar with SimpleVisit on Rapid Implementation of Telehealth
From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Notice from the HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) on Telehealth – OCR will exercise its enforcement discretion and will not impose penalties for non-compliance with the regulatory requirements under the HIPAA Rules against covered health care providers in connection with the good faith provision of telehealth during the COVID-19 nationwide public health emergency. Learn more.
Billing and Coding
- AMA Tool: COVID-19 CPT Code Look-Up
- AAFP Telehealth Coding Algorithm
- ACP Telehealth Guide with Embedded Coding Help
- MedChi Telehealth Coding/Billing Guidelines
Licensure & Continuing Medical Education
Maryland Licensure Updates
In Executive Order 21-03-09-03, Governor Hogan postponed the expiration of professional licenses, including physician and other health occupations licenses. The Order extended the expiration date of all licenses through June 30, 2021. On Tuesday, June 15th, an additional “Grace Period” was established through August 15th, but no further. If you have not yet renewed yours, do so promptly.
MCMS’s recent article on licensure updates includes additional details on healthcare workforce flexibility.
- MedChi Rockpointe Web course CME – 1.5 Credits
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Training Modules – 1.75 Credits
- Yale COVID-19 Vaccination: A Communication Guide for Providers – 1.0 Credit
- CDC Vaccinating Adolescents: Injectable Vaccines – 0.5 Credits
- ACP COVID-19 Vaccine: Practical Clinical Considerations – 1.0 Credit
- ACP COVID-19 Vaccine: Promoting Vaccine Acceptance – 1.0 Credit
- Mayo Clinic COVID-19: Vaccine Education and Debunking Myth – 1.5 Credits
- Mayo Clinic COVID-19 Vaccines: Myths, Mysteries, Misinformation, Myopia, and Miracles – 1.5 Credits
- Defense Health Agency COVID-19 Vaccine Training: General Overview of Immunization Best Practices for Health Care Providers – 2.0 Credits
The Maryland Responds Medical Reserve Corps are seeking volunteers to staff clinics and field hospitals. To register for Maryland Responds, please visit the Medical Reserve Corps here.
For the A-Z resource guide, and additional information on how to help – including Red Cross blood donations, Meals on Wheels, and other ways – visit Maryland Unites.
Montgomery County is also looking for volunteers – both clinical and non-clinical. If you are interested in assisting the community, please visit their website here. Physician volunteers are encouraged to contact Jessica Pryor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bethesda Transit has also provided information on essential transportation updates and how to help local businesses here.
The following is the contact information for clinicians to use for local health departments, if necessary:
- Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services: M-F Business Hours – 240.777.1755 After Hours & Weekends – 240.777.4000
- District of Columbia Department of Health: 202.727.3616 or report cases using this web portal.
- List of Contact Information for All Maryland Local Health Departments
COVID-19 Variant Information: The CDC is carefully monitoring COVID-19 variants. For the latest news, visit the CDC’s Science & Research update page.
From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Resource Center for Health Care Professionals
- Situation Summary
- Latest HAN Update Summary
- Factsheets, Handouts, and Posters
From the World Health Organization (WHO): WHO Coronavirus Home
From the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA): Guidance for diagnosis and treatment, updated on a rolling basis.
Local Maryland/Montgomery County Resources
- Maryland Department of Health’s (MDH) web page for the latest updates on the virus
- Montgomery County’s Health Department’s general information page for the public
- MedChi, The Maryland State Medical Society’s resource page
- For an up-to-date incidence map, see the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health GIS map.