Member Benefits and Discounts
MCMS & MedChi Member Benefits
Professional Networking Which Helps Build Your Practice
MCMS offers fun networking events throughout the year to enhance your practice development initiatives. Most events are open to members only. They include:
- Physician Collegiality Dinners
- Women in Medicine
- Early Career Physicians
- Practice Administration Events
- Annual Membership Meeting & Expo
Publications Which Keep You Informed
- MCMS eNews
- MedChi News
- Maryland Medicine, the Maryland Medical Society Journal, is edited and produced by the MCMS. Published in a magazine format six times each year, Maryland Medicine, includes national and state news updates, more in depth and timely stories about important medical and socioeconomic issues, member news, and updates about MedChi and component society initiatives.
Practice Management Resources Which Help You Be Successful
MCMS & MedChi, the Maryland State Medical Society, offer helpful resources and consultation focused on issues impacting you and your practice, and effective strategies to enhance your success.
Resources are available for:
We can also answer your questions or provide guidance on:
- Medical Records Release
- Records Retention & Storage
- Payor Contacts
Maryland & Capitol Hill Legislative Advocacy Which Improves Your Practice Environment
Together with component societies, MedChi leads successful advocacy efforts addressing important professional, practice, and patient care issues in Maryland and the U.S.
- Join MCMS for Lobby Day in Annapolis each year to meet with members of the Montgomery County delegation
- Participate in Capitol Hill visits with members of Maryland’s Congressional Delegation
- Get involved in policymaking activities by serving as a delegate from MCMS for MedChi’s House of Delegates twice each year and/or submitting a resolution to MCMS related to laws or regulations which need to be implemented or changed which will help you practice medicine more effectively in Maryland.
Educational Events Which Enhance Your Knowledge of Medical & Socioeconomic Issues
MCMS & MedChi offer educational events throughout the year to enhance your professional development and help you run your practice effectively.
- CME on current topics in medicine
- Payor & coding Forums
- Health law & regulatory updates
- Employment law updates
- OSHA Compliance Training and compliance manual templates
Connection to Resources Which Save Your Time & Money
MCMS is your one-stop for the essentials you need both personally and professionally
- Member-only discounts on business resources and services
- Expo at General Membership Meeting
- Assistance contacting payors on your behalf when you have issues related to timely payment, audits, or denials.
- Relationship with Physician Connect vetted businesses and sponsors who can provide products and services to your practice.
Access to Development Resources Which Cultivate Physician Leaders
The Physicians Foundation has awarded the Center for a Healthy Maryland, Inc., an affiliate of MedChi, The Maryland State Medical Society, a two-year grant for the implementation of a Certificate Program in Physician Leadership, offering the program both online and in diverse Maryland geographic areas.
Focused Programs on Physician Health & Wellbeing Which Assist Those In Need
MedChi has an established program, the Center for a Healthy Maryland’s Physician Health Program, which can help physicians who are actively in need of services. The National Capital Physicians Foundation created the Physician Resource Network to help physician prevent burnout and other issues which may affect their ability to care for patients.
Involvement in Public Health Initiatives Which Benefit Your Community and Your Patients
Through MCMS’s representation on the Montgomery County Commission on Health, our relationship with the Primary Care Coalition & NEXUS, and the creation of the National Capital Physicians Foundation, there are opportunities for you to volunteer in your community and/or be more involved in our population health initiatives.