This following is informational and no endorsement by the Medical Society is intended. It covers medical and related resources.
Montgomery County & Maryland Resources
- Montgomery County Aging and Disability Resource Unit - 240.777.3000
- Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services - 301.251.4850
- Disability Network Directory - 240.777.1246
- Maryland Domestic Violence Hotline - 1.800.634.3577
- Montgomery County Domestic Violence Unit, Abused Persons Program 24 Hour Crisis Services - 240.777.4000
Community Health Care Resources for Low-Income & Uninsured Residents
- Primary Care Coalition - 301.628.3405 - info@PrimaryCareCoalition.org
- Community Clinics, Inc.
- Gaithersburg, MD - 301.216.0880
- Silver Spring, MD - 301.585.1250
- Takoma Park, MD - 301.431.2972
- Mercy Health Clinic - Gaithersburg, MD - 240.773.0300
- Mobile Medical Care, Inc. (MobileMed) - 301.493.2400
- Proyecto Salud Clinic - Wheaton, MD - 301.962.6173
- Listing of Reduced Cost Dental Care for Low Income Adults & Children
Medications & Prescriptions
- The Maryland Rx Card - This program helps lower prescription drug costs. Create and print a free Prescription Drug Card and receive savings of up to 75% (discounts average roughly 30%) at more than 56,000 national and regional pharmacies. The card can be used as your primary plan and/or it can be used on prescriptions not covered by your insurance plan.
- The Partnership for Prescription Assistance - PPA is a free service that helps patients find a program they are eligible for.
- Maryland Department of Health’s Pharmaceutical Assistance Resources
- Maryland Board of Pharmacy’s Listing of Assistance Programs
- Maryland Medbank - 1.877.435.7755
Medical Supply Loan Closet
Lutheran Church of St. Andrew operates a medical loan closet with a large inventory. There is no cost and no means assessment. Items are dispensed on a first come, first served basis. Examples of supplies available for pick up: Hospital beds, Bedside commodes, Canes, Walkers, Rollators, Wheelchairs, Feeding formula and equipment, CPAP, colostomy, and diabetic supplies.
Contact: Marilee Tollefson, 301.384.4394, Lutheran Church of St. Andrew, 15300 New Hampshire Ave. SS, MD 20905
Maryland's Senior Call Check Program
Maryland is the first state in the country to start a free, opt-in, telephonic service to check on Maryland's older residents, all across the state. Any Maryland resident who is 65 years of age or older who has a landline phone or cell phone (TTY is available) may participate. Register here.
Hypothermia Shelters Are Now Open for Winter 2019-20
As the colder months are upon us, Hypothermia Overflow Shelters have opened
- Rainbow Shelter is open: 215 W Montgomery Ave, Rockville, MD 20850. Women can be referred utilizing this shelter referral, but can show up first come first serve. Rainbow capacity is 28 women. Please note, this shelter is not ADA compliant - There is no elevator/there are stairs. If client has mobility issues please refer to Interfaith Works Overflow.
- Interfaith Works Overflow is open for men (and women not served by Rainbow). 8106 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring MD.