This following is informational and no endorsement by the Medical Society is intended. It covers medical and related resources.
Montgomery County & Maryland Resources
- Montgomery County Aging and Disability Resource Unit - 240.777.3000
- Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services - 301.251.4850
- Disability Network Directory - 240.777.1246
- Maryland Domestic Violence Hotline - 1.800.634.3577
- Montgomery County Domestic Violence Unit, Abused Persons Program 24 Hour Crisis Services - 240.777.4000
Community Health Care Resources for Low-Income & Uninsured Residents
- Primary Care Coalition - 301.628.3405 - info@PrimaryCareCoalition.org
- Community Clinics, Inc.
- Gaithersburg, MD - 301.216.0880
- Silver Spring, MD - 301.585.1250
- Takoma Park, MD - 301.431.2972
- Mercy Health Clinic - Gaithersburg, MD - 240.773.0300
- Mobile Medical Care, Inc. (MobileMed) - 301.493.2400
- Proyecto Salud Clinic - Wheaton, MD - 301.962.6173
- Listing of Reduced Cost Dental Care for Low Income Adults & Children
Medications & Prescriptions
- The Maryland Rx Card - This program helps lower prescription drug costs. Create and print a free Prescription Drug Card and receive savings of up to 75% (discounts average roughly 30%) at more than 56,000 national and regional pharmacies. The card can be used as your primary plan and/or it can be used on prescriptions not covered by your insurance plan.
- The Partnership for Prescription Assistance - PPA is a free service that helps patients find a program they are eligible for.
- Maryland Department of Health’s Pharmaceutical Assistance Resources
- Maryland Board of Pharmacy’s Listing of Assistance Programs
- Maryland Medbank - 1.877.435.7755
Medical Supply Loan Closet
Lutheran Church of St. Andrew operates a medical loan closet with a large inventory. There is no cost and no means assessment. Items are dispensed on a first come, first served basis. Examples of supplies available for pick up: Hospital beds, Bedside commodes, Canes, Walkers, Rollators, Wheelchairs, Feeding formula and equipment, CPAP, colostomy, and diabetic supplies.
Contact: Marilee Tollefson, 301.384.4394, Lutheran Church of St. Andrew, 15300 New Hampshire Ave. SS, MD 20905
Maryland's Senior Call Check Program
Maryland is the first state in the country to start a free, opt-in, telephonic service to check on Maryland's older residents, all across the state. Any Maryland resident who is 65 years of age or older who has a landline phone or cell phone (TTY is available) may participate. Register here.