Join Michael Myers, M.D., a noted expert on physician burnout, for this discussion of the pre-existing status of physician wellbeing prior to COVID-19, the impacts of the pandemic on physicians’ personal and professional lives, and what concrete actions can be undertaken to support physician wellbeing now.
Participants will be able to:
- Define physician wellness.
- List the ways in which physicians and their families have been impacted by Covid-19.
- Distinguish post-traumatic stress from post-traumatic growth.
- Apply principles of self-care by seeking out evidence-based treatment for disabling symptoms.
- Know what steps to take toward reaching out to a colleague who seems to be struggling.